Wednesday 1 July 2015

跨过千年来爱你 Across A Millennium to Love You- Snippet 1 (Chap 4)


So, as you can see from the picture this part is going to be from their wedding! Not a great chapter but still more interesting than chapter 1.


Snippet 1

"Young Miss, you cannot take off the Xi Pa [1] , the groom must help you to take it off." Chun Liu anxiously reminded. If you break the rules the 4th prince will be angry. I think he is not a polite person like the Crown Prince."

Bai Min sighed, she must endure, since its already like that, if she does anything wrong, the few hundred people in the Murong estate will starve, she must endure. This 4th Prince has no feelings for Murong Feng, the one he wanted to marry was her younger sister Murong Xue, with his position as 4th Prince, he might do something to her.

After waiting till night, the 4th Prince staggered into the room smelling like alcohol. After coming in, he completely ignored Bai Min's existence and started flirting with Chun Tao, saying something along the lines of meeting her once at the Murong Residence.

Bai Min continued enduring but she was hungry and thirsty, tired and annoyed. Listening to the 4th Prince's frivolous speech and looking at them hugging from the corner of her Xi Pa made her extremely angry.

"4th Prince right? Do you mind helping me take off my Xi Pa before you continue to flirt with Chun Tao?

Sima Rui was a little shocked at her sudden speech. Actually he never really wanted to marry, it was just that at when he was at the Murong estate, he happened to see Murong Xue  who was very beautiful. Since the empress dowager kept on pestering him to marry, why don't he just marry a great beauty like her? Who would expect that the old man would dump Murong Feng, who was an ugly duck compared to her sister, on him.

Sima Rui sneered," I hate people manipulating me the most, that old man in your house exchanged a beauty for a wood block. Not giving him trouble is already very gracious of me. Do you believe that I can press guilty charges against you whole family?"

"I believe," Bai Min lazily said, "This is better, you like Murong Xue, I also have no feelings for you. Then we will not interfere with each other. I only wanted you to take off the Xi Pa, then you can continue hugging Chun Tao. I only wanted to lighten the load on my head and eat something. I'm so hungry and tired that by the time you press charges I would be dead."

Chun Liu's eyes widened in shock and Chun Tao became very scared. If word leaks out about that she was seen hugging the 4th Prince, Master and Madam would kill her.

This terrible mistress, how can it be that after an illness she could became so bold, daring to negotiate with the 4th Prince?

Sima Rui was stunned, that day when he saw Murong Feng, she had not said a word, how can she be so good with talking now?

"What is if I do not agree?"

Bai Min sighed," Can you stop asking questions? My head hurts."

Sima Rui smirked and headed to the door, with a wave of his hand, Bai Min's Xi Pa fell onto her lap.

"Chun Liu, pour me a cup of water, I'm about to die of thirst," Bai Min did not even bother glancing at Sima Rui who already disappeared

[1] Xi Pa Decorative headwear which the bride wears, usually with very elaborate designs especially phoenixes and is pretty heavy, depending on it's size and what it's made of.

5 comments:

  1. wow....what a out-spoken female lead! She seems nice! Thanks for the snippet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she's not gonna let people bully her xD

    ReplyDelete