Monday 8 February 2016

The messenger Chapter 1 part 1

As per request of Gina Tran :)
I am translating the first chapter as this book's chapters are quite short! 
P.s I'll translate 2 ex husband 1 stage at a later time cuz it's really long haha.

I have no idea how to translate this :(
Gui (spirit/ghost) tou (head) dage (older brother)
Essentially he is her boss so she is calling him something like older brother boss??? I'm so sorry T-T
I'll stick to Big Brother Ghost.
[2] In the underworld, dead souls have to drink this to forget everything about their past lives before reincarnation.
[3] Ancient unlined long gown worn by men.
Chapter 1 Part 1

I'm a (spirit) messenger.
Strictly speaking, I cannot be considered an official messenger yet.


I am a messenger who has just passed my training and am currently on trial. After three months of training, because I'm often daydreaming during lessons, I am still not sure if I'm competent enough to be a messenger. Luckily Big Brother Ghost told me that the underworld has to receive thousands of dead souls everyday, so if I am truly unsuited for this job, there would be many replacements and I need not stress myself up.

This is probably the underworld's unique way of comforting people.

When I was alive, I was very ordinary and did not manage to get into high school. After graduating from middle school, I immediately set foot into the working force and was like a tiny screw in the huge factory. This screw worked for ten years as if it was a day (meaning she continued everyday like it was exactly the same), doing product labeling for a living. The days I asked for leave could be counted on my fingers. I went on blind dates a few times but still nobody fancied me. Therefore, in an accident, I lost my life when I just became 29, abandoning my mother to come alone to the underworld.

When I first came, I thought that I had time traveled. That accident was simply too tragic, scattering my soul, and I did not wake up for a long time. When I woke up, I found myself lying in a log cabin with a glazed tile roof where layers of white gauze encircled. On the bamboo chair was a set of fine gauze rainbow skirt, obviously not from my time period.

After some consideration, I started to believe that I must have time traveled. The more ordinary you are, the more deserving you are to time travel and the higher the chances of time travelling. For such ordinary people like me, no matter what we do, we ought not to die such an untimely death, I should be doing more heroic things in another time period, allowing all the handsome young men to fall in love with me, then would I be able to live my remaining life gloriously.

That is why when Big Brother Ghost entered the log cabin, I acted like I was at a loss and the first sentence I spoke to him was, "Who are you? I think I have lost my memory." When time travelling, the most conventional and necessary excuse was: Memory loss.

This is the start of everything, pity it is not my starting. I did not time travel and I really did die.
Big Brother Ghost stared at me, " No way, you haven't drank Meng Po's soup yet?" [2]

"Meng Po's soup? In the human realm we can also drink Meng Po's soup?"

"Of course you can't, but this is the underworld!" He answered as a matter of factly. "The underworld? Didn't I time travel?" A look of surprise flashed across my face. Then he finally realised the generation gap between us and smiled in understanding. "This is not ancient China, neither did you time travel, you just died and according to normal procedure, entered the underworld."
I was dumbstruck. I just died. Was it that simple?

He paid no attention to it and casually took a cigarette from his sleeve pocket. After lighting it with a lighter, he complained, " Ever since his highness the King of Hell became smitten with the Tang Dynasty's architecture and culture, the whole underworld's buildings have changed to look like this. Me wearing this Chang Shan [3] is also because of the superior's change of heart.

He even comforted me, "Don't worry, you are definitely not the first person to have thought that you time traveled. 80% of the women below 30 from the 21st century all believed that they had time traveled. If you did not mention this just now, I would have forgotten you also came from the 21st century."

It turns out that I really did die, even though I was so embarrassed I could even think of dying again.

12 comments:

  1. What a embarassing moment there!
    Nice start it's my first time to read a story like this. I wish you'll keep it up!^—^"
    Thanks for the chappy boss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation!! The chapter made me die a little from second hand embarrassment hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks again for the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is interisting. Thank you for the hardwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this LN dropped? I really want the continuation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually just a snippet/ spoiler kinda thing so I've never picked it up! Well, you can link this teaser to translators who may want pick it up to make them interested in the novel :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete